Thursday, September 16, 2010

FALL RTW Runway 2010, Part 2: Just some pretty frocks.

I got a weeee bit sick with food poisoning because I went to a "gastropub" (?) and had raw venison heart.
Yeah. So I guess I was pretty much asking for it. Let me tell you people: food poisoning changes you. I am  not the same Jessie I was a day ago. 
Anyways, I've been laying in bed watching ABC and NBC television shows. How many television series can you make about rich families in California? Please retire the topic. I get it- they like to drink wine and hide their pregnancies! 
I've written five GREAT T.V. shows in just the past five minutes (in my head).
 One is about a dog ( I know what you're thinkin': Lassie. But this is nothing like that). 
One is about an ice cream shop. It's called Frostical Fantasy.
I don't want to reveal the other shows, but I can promise you this: there are NO f-ing family dramas in the bunch!
Can we please just move on? Quit hounding me about my impressive ideas!
Let's move onto a topic more appropriate for this blog: Runway shows! 


The 3.1 Phillip Lim show has me obsessing over jumpers:
I don't really have any commentary about these except that I haven't really seen anything like them from other designers. They look wearable and easy to transition from fall to winter and spring. 

Me and the Cynthia Steffe collection are just having a love affair. I recently had a dream, that I found an antique bureau in the woods and it was filled with amazing, silky clothes. That was one great dream. This collection reminds me of it.

                  


                                             
As you can see, this is her SPRING 2011 collection and it's ENCHANTING. These are dresses you could pass down to your daughters and granddaughters. They're timeless. And, although the models are 14 year old skeletons, these clothes seem to be suitable for healthier figures. 

Derek Lam had two show-stoppers:

                      
I can't tell if that is silk jersey-knit material or what, but don't these look incredibly comfortable?
Ah, draping. I shall never tire of you! Once again, these are dresses that will transcend time. 


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you will love this or hate it...but the last dress (the white one) was definitely on Rachel Zoe. I also love it :)

    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete