Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Solution

Man. I have had a great Thanksgiving holiday- I hope that you guys did too! 
I went to go see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows with my mother and guess what she did? She snuck a thermos of my famous Butterbeer into the theatre. As Liz Lemon would say, it was like "high fiving a million angels." 
For those of you who don't know, Butterbeer is what all the witches and wizards drink in the Harry Potter series. Most of the recipes out there just call for apple cider with a shot of butterscotch schnapps but it tasted like piss, so I revised it: 
for one serving:
A hot mug of apple cider Apple Cider
 2 shots of rum
1 shot of butterscotch schnapps
 A splash of ginger beer. 
It's seriously festive and delicious. Feel free to top it with toasted meringue or whipped cream.

I also got together with a dear friend last night. We hadn't seen each other in a very long time and it was so great to catch up over French 75s. We talked about our mutual shopping addiction, Jack White, and why socializing with people is an unnecessary pursuit. 

Last, but certainly not least. I got a necklace that has changed my life:

There are no words for this necklace. I saw it a week ago and walked away from it, thinking everything would be okay, and life could continue on, unthwarted. 
How wrong I was. It haunted my dreams. So, wanting to avoid a nervous breakdown, I got it and I have been reborn. I want to be buried in it. It's one of those accessories that you can build outfits around and it instantly injects edgy glamour into an otherwise ho-hum ensemble. Plus it came in this great felt travel bag! Sorry for the grainy photo booth image. I just had to share the glory of this necklace. You get it. I don't have to explain it. 

Oh, yeah! I also downloaded the new The Dead Weather album, Sea Of Cowards. It. Is. Slaying. Me.
The songs go perfectly with my necklace, it's eerie.

By the way, I have a blogging mentor! Laurel Kinney of Trophy Boutique. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm sure it's fine. We're going to be going to The Austin Bleet Up together- so stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that is one killer necklace. I'm glad you didn't die from not having it so that you can have it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing gives me goosebumps. Amahzing

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you last night! I LOVE that necklace!

    ReplyDelete